Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Sketchbook Round-Up: Volume 12

Sketchbook Round-Up: Volume 12 | Yeti Crafts
Adventures in hand-lettering and other things.





Sketchbook Round-Up: Volume 12 | Yeti Crafts
Follow me on Instagram!

I've heard that the key to reigniting one's waning interests is to introduce an element of novelty.  In the case of my daily sketches and the lengthy rut in which I'd found myself, this proved to be true.  I signed up for Skillshare,  an online source of video classes for creative types.  I've been keen to learn hand-lettering and sign painting for awhile, and Skillshare offers tons of classes! The shift in subject matter helped motivate me to pick up my sketchbook everyday again.  I took Mary Kate McDevitt's class on the basics of lettering and was immediately hooked.  It was super fun and challenging, and I like her style a lot.

Then I went back to drawing strange girls, like the one up there with the bombs.  Prints of her will be available soon.  My teen rebel version of Lady Lovely Locks is just okay.  Her face bothers me.

No comments:

Post a Comment