Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Sketchbook Round-Up: Volume 13

Sketchbook Round-Up: Volume 13 | Yeti Crafts
Inktober!




Sketchbook Round-Up: Volume 13 | Yeti Crafts
Follow me on Instagram!

I'm a fan of a good thirty day challenge.  It lights a temporary fire under your ass and inspires growth through accountability and community.  Thirty days is just long enough to be a little demanding, but short enough to not be overwhelming.  Inktober is technically 31 days, but it's close enough.  Since 2009, artists from around the world get out their best pens and draw something every day during the month of October.  I participated in 2013, but wasn't really feeling it last year.  This year, I happened to stumble upon #drawlloween and decided (like many others), to participate in both simultaneously.  Having a list of prompts saves me the trouble of not knowing what to draw on any given day and also pushes me outside my comfort zone with topics I generally wouldn't choose for myself.  I decided to divide each sketchbook page into two smaller rectangles to give my drawings uniformity and keep them from taking up too much of my time.  I'm trying to draw faster and not get obsessive over mistakes.  The only day I've failed in that respect was Day 5 - the werewolf.  I ended up drawing three versions before I stopped - frustrated, but ultimately satisfied.  I'm not even mad that I let that one get the better of me, because I think it's my favorite one so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment