Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Sketchbook Round-Up: Volume 6

Sketchbook Round-Up: Volume 6 | Yeti Crafts




Sketchbook Round-Up: Volume 6 | Yeti Crafts
You can follow my (nearly) daily sketches on Instagram!

I have been seriously slacking.  My heart is just not into drawing at the moment.  I had exactly nine sketches for this post, which means at least five days of blowing it off over the past two weeks.  (I say "at least" because I think I may have done a lot of those little guys on the same day.)

Drawing has taken a back seat to other things lately.  I've been sewing more (keep an eye out for an upcoming give-away!) and I've been spending a lot more time in Richmond, photographing all the fantastic street art there.  It's okay, though, because I'm not letting the lull become an excuse to abandon this goal altogether.

The first drawing up there gives me heart eyes.  It might have a future as an actual finished thing one day.

A good friend asked "What makes you happy?" on Facebook and people were commenting with these amazing lists which inspired me to make my own list, which got me thinking that it would be pretty neat to have a piece of art that was kind of a collage of things that make me happy.  I started drawing the things on the list with the intent to add them to the icon paintings I did last year.

Sketchbook Round-Up: Volume 6 | Yeti Crafts
Icon paintings from last year, the cat is unfinished in this picture, which is okay because it looked awful once it was done.

The icon paintings were already a handful of my favorite things, and I was never happy with the way they turned out (except the donut, which may be my legacy), so it was kind of the perfect fit.  Anyway, all the tiny random objects in this round-up are part of that. I've already transferred most of them onto the old paintings and am excited to see how this project turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment