Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Sketchbook Round-Up: Volume 25

In which I set a literal fire out of frustration and then took a class.




Follow me on Instagram!

I already talked about the new Yeti Crafts logo, but it's just really good, so here it is again. Monster Prom was quite a process.  On the second or third draft, I held the pen in my hand, saw where the line was supposed to be, and then watched the line go somewhere completely different.  I did what any rational person would do and set it on fire.  The paper I was using was not as flammable as I'd hoped, though, so it just added to my frustration. I left it outside in a thunderstorm and still managed to feel somewhat victorious as I started over.

A few weeks ago, I got a Facebook invite from Erin Murray for a figure drawing session at Larkin Arts.  I was pretty excited about the prospect of actual, structured practice, but I've only been able to attend once.  It's apparently pretty difficult for me to have ten bucks, an open schedule, and enough gas for a 45 minute drive on any given Tuesday.

I started drawing these peonies with their inspirational banner and hummingbird friend, and there's a story behind all that, but you guys are going to have to wait a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment