Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Sketchbook Round-Up: Volume 20

Sketchbook Round-Up: Volume 20 | Yeti Crafts
Ain't no party like a Rococo party cuz the excesses exemplified by the style may have contributed to the downfall of the French aristocracy.


Sketchbook Round-Up: Volume 20 | Yeti Crafts
Follow me on Instagram!

I'm still drawing Marie-Antoinette-inspired, big hair ladies.  You can read about Pizza Party here, and go see it (or buy it) at Pegasus Gallery in Harrisonburg!

The Late Baroque or Rococo period was defined by its ornate style and playful, frivolous themes. Everything was big and fancy and expensive.  I like the idea of mixing imagery from that time of narcissistic over-indulgence with the one in which we currently live.  The girl in this drawing has a ball of yarn, a skull, and a U.F.O. in her hair, representing my own binging on crafts supplies and Netflix of late. I don't think now is as different from the 18th century as it might appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment