Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Sketchbook Round-Up: Volume 17

Sketchbook Round-Up: Volume 17 | Yeti Crafts



Sketchbook Round-Up: Volume 17 | Yeti Crafts
Follow me on Instagram to see what I'm drawing when I draw it!

It's been all about these circus girls over the past two weeks.  I've drawn more drafts than I can count for each piece. Both the dancing girl and the knife thrower are finished, and now I'm working on the animal handler.  I decided to draw her with a dinosaur for two reasons - 1. I love dinosaurs, 2. I didn't want to use an animal they actually have in the circus because I think the way animals are treated in the circus is abhorrent and I didn't want to romanticize it.

While coloring the first two pieces, I realized how much I love using colored pencil over copic marker on watercolor paper.  It creates a delicious velvety texture.  

No comments:

Post a Comment