Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Sketchbook Round-Up: Volume 9

Sketchbook Round-Up: Volume 9 | Yeti Crafts




Sketchbook Round-Up: Volume 9 | Yeti Crafts
Follow me on Instagram!  Sometimes I post my drawing there.

It's been almost a month since my last sketchbook post, and I only had these nine drawings to show for it.  Here's a list of all my super legitimate excuses for being a major, non-drawing, goal-breaking jerk:

1. It seems like I only really like about a quarter of what I draw, and it's not a huge incentive to draw more.  It's very frustrating, and the fact that it's a cycle THAT I'M TOTALLY AWARE OF makes it one million percent more awful.  The only way to get better is to keep practicing, but sometimes it makes me want to start a small fire.

2. I waited way too long to make a present for a baby that's coming very soon and have been crocheting like it's my job.  I wish my friends would stop having babies and I'm not even sorry about that.

3. I'm hosting a craft swap.  It's a lot of fun so far, but it's also a lot of work.  I've never done it before, so I spent a chunk of time figuring it out, then another chunk of time getting the word out on social media, then a whole afternoon going through the questionnaires of all the participants and pairing them up and emailing them and answering questions.  THEN I started brainstorming ideas for what I wanted to make and I already started working on it because I was too excited to wait and I want to make an unreasonable number of things for my buddy.  (All of the run-on sentences are meant to illustrate what happens in my head when I start thinking about these things.) 

4. Twitter rumpus between Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift.

5. So. Many. Zipper. Pouches.

6. I'm a big whiny baby and I just need to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment