Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Sketchbook Round-Up: Volume 5

Sketchbook Round-Up: Volume 3 | Yeti Crafts




Sketchbook Round-Up: Volume 3 | Yeti Crafts
Follow my sketches on Instagram!

First row (from left): 1. This was supposed to be Sherilyn Fenn, but it ended up looking more like Lara Flynn Boyle.  All the recent discussion about the reboot means I have Twin Peaks on the brain.  2. Another portrait of Jinkx Monsoon.  3. I drew this portrait of Orson Welles on what would have been his 100th birthday.  I'm a big fan of his and I'm pretty proud of how this turned out.

Second row: 1. This was supposed to be Mädchen Amick (Twin Peaks fever, I told you) I don't think it really looks like her, but I think it's a pretty good sketch of someone else. 2.  umm.. she has pink hair? 3. Distressed woman with umbrella.  I was playing around with finer details.  

Third row:  1. Another fat mermaid.  I'm crazy about her hair, in fact, I played around with that style in the last two sketches, as well.

I feel like I'm making progress.  Every time I make one of these posts, I like the sketches a little bit more than I did the last time.  Since the last round-up, I moved my (pretty much) daily sketches to a new Instagram account. 

No comments:

Post a Comment